Modernizing WCB Nova Scotia to better serve our province
During discussions around developing our 2016-2020 Strategic Plan, stakeholders told us we need to evolve the way we work. We heard:
- Faxing information doesn't cut it anymore
- Employers and workers want more direct access to their information
- Workers want to receive their money faster
- We need to be smarter and more efficient so that we are easier to do business with
Read the summary of Stakeholder input on our 2016-2020 Strategic Plan
For 100 years, WCB Nova Scotia has been here for the workers and employers of our province. As Nova Scotia’s workplace injury insurance provider, we strive to keep Nova Scotians safe and secure from workplace injury.
As we prepare for the next century of service, we know our technology, systems, and services are out of date - our systems are more than 25 years old.
We need to make improvements to the internal systems that support our business as well as introduce new ways to provide service to ensure we continue supporting return to work and injury prevention goals now and into the future.
Our overall transformation will mean a more efficient and modernized WCB. It will mean a workforce that continues to focus on service excellence. The changes will lead to real improvements in the way employers, workers, and service providers interact with us, including improving customer service and supporting return-to-work outcomes, to name a few. Find out more about what our business transformation will mean for workers, employers and service providers.
Our transformation at a glance:
- In December 2015, we introduced direct deposit and made enhancements to our phone systems.
- In 2017, we introduced new, secure online services so employers, workers, and service providers can interact with us online by sending and receiving messages, completing forms, and accessing claim and account information.
- By early 2019, we'll replace the 25-year-old systems that power claims processing and management and employer rate assessments.
Here, you'll find details about WCB's plan for modernization: