Safe, healthy work can often be part of recovery from a workplace injury, and returning to work in a safe and timely manner is good for both workers and employers.
Why it's good for workers:
- Helps you recover.
- You won’t lose as much – or any – of your earnings.
- Helps you stay active.
- Helps minimize the impact on your family.
- Allows you to focus on what you can do, not what you can’t.
- It helps with your social, mental, and physical health and wellbeing.
- Helps you stay connected with co-workers in the workplace.
- Keeps you involved in your employee benefits programs.
- Contributes to your confidence and sense of value.
- Provides a sense of normalcy.
Why it's good for employers:
- Keeps a skilled and experienced employee connected with the workplace.
- Maintains productivity.
- Reduces WCB claims costs, which can reduce your premiums.
- Ensures communication between you and your employee.
- You won’t have the cost of recruiting and training a new worker.
- Reduces the risk of similar injuries by identifying and addressing the hazard that caused the injury.
- Supports workplace morale.